intrepidheroine

Our Intrepid Heroine

I'm a multitasking, knitting, cooking, voraciously-reading library worker who wants to spread her bibliomania as far as possible.

Ash and Silver: A Sanctuary Novel
Carol Berg
The Sleeping Partner
Madeleine E. Robins
Kraken
China Mieville

Neuromancer

Neuromancer - William Gibson This book was interesting. It was engrossing, it kept my attention for an hour at a time, and it talks about computers, hacking, and cyberspace in ways that were not conceived of at the time. I can see Keanu Reeves stumbling through this book and being totally confused.

I kept getting yanked out of the text every time I recognized a reference The Matrix made to this book. The computer matrices, the descriptions of cyberspace, the Rastafarian Army floating down from Zion. I thought Zion was just a Biblical reference, but apparently not.

I love that a good portion of the muscle in the book was a mirror-eyed samurai chick with knives under her fingernails. The knives yanked me out as well, actually, because I kept thinking of Lady Deathstrike.

I don't know what to say about this book. I got it. It was diverting. I read it a few days ago, though, and I'm still not entirely sure that I liked it. Steampunk may be more up my alley than cyberpunk.